Nowadays, social media is where people spend the majority of their time on the internet.
It is where people obtain their daily dose of news and entertainment. Social media is where many consumers go to get their preferred goods, merchandises, services, and brands. Additionally, It is also where customers can share their experiences with one another. More importantly, social media is where the world meets, and the people connect with everyone across the globe.
With more than 1 BILLION active and current users on Facebook, 700 million on Instagram, and 400 million on Twitter, it is indisputable that social media has the spotlight.
Moreover, it is not going anywhere anytime soon.
In short, social media provides a direct, seamless way to engage and connect with your target audience. Moreover, it is a golden opportunity you cannot allow to miss out.
If you still doubt how you can effectively leverage social media for your business, here are the various opportunities it offers:
- Brand awareness
- Community Involvement
- Consumer Engagement
- Customer Support
- Expertise Building
- Lead Generation
- News and Content Distribution
- Polling and feedback
- Product launch and publicity
- Public relations
- Reputation Management
- Strategic alliances
The various opportunities still did not convince you? Well, then, here are the most recent statistics about the prime social media sites. We think you will agree – these data and facts are notably compelling:
- Roughly 90% of all active U.S. internet users utilize social media in one form or another. It means your target audience is undoubtedly exposed to it.
- 70% of marketers implement a type of social media strategy, or will in the next year. It means your competition is presumably already there too!
- About 63% of all marketers are either vaguely aware or not aware how their consumers view their companies online. Do you know your business’s online reputation?
- In today’s global economic landscape, many large companies consider Facebook, Google+, Instagram, and Twitter as foundations of their social media tactics and strategies.
- Has roughly over 1 billion active users
- On any given day, over 60% of active users log on to it
- An average Facebook user has about 130 friends
- People consume over 700 billion minutes per month on it
- An Average user has a connection to roughly 80 pages
- 65% of consumers stated that they are more likely to promote a brand to a friend after becoming a fan on Facebook.
- An average Facebook user creates roughly 90 pieces of content each month
- Brands miss the opportunity to answer 95% of all Facebook Timeline comments and posts. This data represents a huge missed opportunity. Moreover, a way for your brand to stand out apart from your competition!
- Roughly 700 million active Instagram users
- To date, Instagram users shared around 40 billion photos.
- Instagram users share an average of 95 million photos and videos per day.
- Instagram users “like” approximately 4.2 billion posts each day
- 48.8% of brands today, use Instagram in one form or another—a number expected to increase in the coming years
- Roughly all top brands post on Instagram an estimated 4.9 times per day.
- Over 400 million active Twitter users.
- The number of new Twitter users grows by 300,000 each day
- Over 54% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter.
- Roughly 30% of marketers successfully closed deals using Twitter
- More than 3 billion Twitter requests per day, produced by more than 250 million unique visitors
- Twitter users send out almost 200 million tweets each day
- Twitter’s search engine gets 800 million queries per day.
So what’s the Bottom Line?
Social media: It is simple, convenient, affordable, scalable, and efficient. It is everything a business could want in a marketing solution. Find out more about Social Media Marketing.